Monday, October 16, 2017

Apple Bread with Walnut Streusel

Hi pals, it's Jess.  After a recent outing to the apple orchard with the fam (Hi, Fall Bucket List), we found ourselves with more apples than we knew what to do with!  I decided to make some apple bread, since the kiddo loves to have baked goods for breakfast.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and enlisted my sous chef and got to work!

First things first, we gathered our ingredients.


The most tedious part of this process was peeling, coring and shredding the apples.  I also realized that my kid was eating the apples as I peeled them, so I had to do more than I needed.


We combined our dry ingredients.  My secret ingredient change was to substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice for half of the cinnamon.


Then we creamed together the butter and sugar in our mixer.  We added vanilla, milk and eggs to the wet ingredients.  Finally, we added in the shredded apples.  This might look gross but stay with me!


We assembled the streusel topping in a small bowl.  I wasn't really able to mix the cold butter into the flour/sugar mixture, so I actually melted my butter first.  I also doubled the flour-sugar-butter to have more topping to cover more of the bread.


We spread this out over the top of the apple bread mixture in a greased loaf pan.  Then it was into the oven for 60 minutes.


After an hour and some change to cool off--we were ready to dig in!  This bread was the perfect snack on a cool fall day and a great way to use up those extra apples.


Give this apple bread a try and let us know what you think in the comments.  Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. I too (and my mother before me) am a fan of baked goods for breakfast so that little kiddo of yours comes by it honestly. Maybe a trip to grandma’s house with a little sweet treat is in order?

    ReplyDelete