Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer Wardrobe Essentials: Jess

Hi Friends!  As you may know, I teach elementary school.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, but I also LOVE my summer vacation.  I am lucky enough to spend my summers hanging out with my kiddo and doing all kinds of non-work activities!  I'm pretty excited because this Friday is the last day of school!  Because of that lifestyle shift, my summer wardrobe changes a bit from my daily work-wear in the other seasons.  I figure these wardrobe items would be great for any mom at home with kiddos, or anyone else in a pretty casual setting/on the weekends.



1.  Old Navy Jersey Swing Dress:  Anyone who knows me knows that I wear this dress a lot.  I have it in 5 different colors, so I'm not even kidding.  This dress is super versatile so you can dress it up or down depending on the occasion.  At work, I wear this with tights, boots, a cardigan and a statement necklace.  At home, I add flip-flops or Toms and a jean jacket.  It also makes a great make-shift coverup over your bathing suit.  Just make sure if you order to size down, as it runs a little large.  I did that and I still find it swingy and flattering, just not circus-tent sized!

2.  Merona Vintage V Tee: This is hands-down my favorite t-shirt.  It's got a flattering v-neckline and is fitted without being comfortable.  I have it in lots of colors, but I am definitely picking up this pineapple pattern for the summer, too.

3.  Jack Rodgers Georgica Jelly Sandals: I bought these after seeing one of my favorite bloggers, Ashley from Sweet Southern Prep rocking them last summer.  They come in a ton of fun color combinations and work with your swimsuit or sundress.  They were quite a hit last year, and I'm thinking I might need this iridescent color this summer.

4. Old Navy Soft Shorts: These shorts are so comfy and flattering.  I was a little nervous when I ordered because the inseam seemed like it would be too short, but I find them long enough to feel like I can sit comfortably.  I have the black because they go with everything, but if you're adventurous, try one of the patterns!

5. Gap Embroidered Stripe Caftan: We spend a lot of time outside at the beach or pool.  This striped caftan combines my love for anything embroidered with my addiction to stripes.  I plan to wear this as much as I can this year!  Also, wearing a caftan is so Real Housewives, I can't stand it!

6. Merona Swing Tank:  As you can tell, I'm usually looking for staples that can be mixed or matched and worn lots of ways.  This swing tank top comes in solids and stripes and I have it in many colors.  I wear it with shorts, boyfriend jeans or even as a quick coverup at the pool.  I like that the material is lightweight enough to wear in the summer, but not see through.  Plus, the back is long enough to cover your tush.  Mom for the win!

7. Gap Tencel Shorts: I bought a pair of these last year and I was happy to see that they're back this year!  They're lightweight, comfortable and easy to move around in.  Plus, they're long enough that you don't have to worry about flashing anyone at the park.  I've been known to throw them on over a swimsuit, too.

8. Old Navy Flip-Flops: Okay, so these aren't the most glamorous shoes, but they're what I wear MOST of the time in the summer.  They're so cheap I often buy a couple of pairs each summer.  They're great for a walk to the beach or running errands and they come in a million colors.

9.  Aviate Baseball Cap:  If you're a regular reader, you know Ry and I take sun protection seriously.  I wear a hat often to protect my face and eyes from the sun.  This cool baseball hat fits the bill (like my pun?).

What do you plan to wear this summer?  Let us know what staples you have in your summer wardrobe in the comments below.  Look out for Ryan's picks next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment