Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Way We Wore: Holiday Outfits

Earlier this holiday season, we showed you some of our favorite outfits for any occasion.  We thought it would be fun to share the actual outfits we wore and how we styled them for some of our holiday events.

  • Ugly Christmas Sweater Party:
As we mentioned back in a Friday Pick-Six, our cousin and his girlfriend, Kayleigh, hosted an awesome Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  Here's what we wore:

Jess: sweater, faux leather leggings, tassel earrings, Missoni for Target heels (old!  similar)

Ry: Home Alone theme sweatshirt
  • Annual Girls Christmas Dinner:
Every year, we go out to a special dinner with just the ladies in our family.  We enjoy food and drinks, and great conversation.  It's always a great way to kick off the holiday season and spend a little girl time!

For a girls night, what's better than Lilly Pulitzer?  I'll admit due to some last minute snow, I swapped out these shoes for some boots before heading out.--J

Jess: Lilly Pulitzer Elsa top, leggings, flats

I went with a black lace top from JCrew which is sadly sold out (similar) and completed the look with one of my favorite Baublebar earrings.--R


  • Cookie Baking Party:
This year, we started a new tradition of having a little cookie baking party on Christmas Eve morning.  We thought it would be fun to bake and relax before the kick off of the big holiday celebrations.  We wanted something cozy and casual.

I wanted something cozy but not actual PJs.  I went with my favorite cardigan and comfy leggings.--J

Jess: Cardigan, graphic t-shirt, leggings and cozy socks (old, similar)
  • Christmas Eve with the Fam:
We had a great Christmas Eve party and dinner with our family.  We ate, drank and exchanged presents.  We wanted outfits that were festive but comfortable enough to chill in all night.  Here's what we wore!  

I wanted to wear something festive and comfortable, so I decided on one of my favorite sweaters with velvet leggings.  These plaid shoes are so great, too, right? --J

Jess: Boatneck tunic sweater, velvet skinny pants, plaid heels (sold out! similar), earrings (old, similar)
For Christmas Eve with the fam, I wore this festive plaid top from JCrew.  Bonus--it's flannel!  With dark jeans and my favorite tall boots, I was comfy and stylish.


  • Christmas Morning:

For opening presents and enjoying brunch, we wanted to be as comfy as possible with a holiday twist!

Who doesn't love plaid, right?  Also, these socks are sold out, but so warm!  I also laughed when I opened them because online, one sock says "naughty" and one says "nice."  I got two "naughty" socks in my order.  I guess they know me...--J

Jess: PJ Set and socks (sold out!  similar)
I went with my favorite Old Navy leggings, which I have in just about every color (this time I wore charcoal).  I added this GAP FIT tee and a slouchy cardigan that even Olivia Pope would approve.  What winter outfit is complete without a scarf?  I love the one Jess featured, but my other recent favorite is this one (and it's on sale, too!)


What was your favorite outfit from the holiday season?  Let us know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment