Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Five Fave Face Masks

Our latest beauty obsession has been face masks.  There are so many affordable options on the market to address a plethora of skin concerns.  Your skin concerns might be varied (like ours) but for reference, Jess has some combination skin with some redness concerns and Ryan is looking for anti-aging benefits.  We've tried out quite a few but wanted to bring you five of our current favorites.  There are lots of designer brands, but we decided to stick with masks you could grab at Target, Ulta or a regular drug store.



1.  Yes to Miracle Oil Calm and Soothe PrimRose Oil Mask: This clay-based mud mask features a natural soothing agent (PrimRose oil) to tame redness and purify your skin.  I tried this after a run, which makes my redness flare up.  There was a noticeable difference afterwards.  My skin looked less red and felt smooth.  The results only stayed until my next workout, but they were nice while they lasted! --J

2.  Miss Spa Restore and Brighten 24k Gold Radiance Mask: Gold-based masks have been a celebrity trend for quite a while.  They are supposed to soothe skin and anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.  I recently tried this version, and I found it did make my skin look a little brighter and feel much softer. Twin Tip:  the package says you can just pat your skin dry after use- I found that left (way!) too much sparkle on my face for my liking.  I did a quick rinse with cool water and that was much better for me. --R

3.  Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Vitamin C Paper Mask:  Paper masks are a big trend right now so I checked this one out.  I didn't notice a big difference on the few darker spots I have around my eyes, but I did think my skin looked a little brighter and pores looked good.  I did find the application a little tricky though.  I always find paper masks a little challenging to get into just the right spot for coverage but you might have an easier time than I did. --J

4.  L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks:  I am a sucker for cool looking packaging, and I was drawn into a display of these masks while at my local Target.  I ended up buying the red Exfoliate and Refine mask and the black Detox and Brighten versions.  The red one really did make my skin feel smoother and the black helped clean my pores.  Both versions left my skin feeling refreshed and looking brighter.   Lately, I've been using both of these at the same time- the black in my T-zone (just like the boys of Friends!) and the red on the rest of my face.  --R


5. Yes to Miracle Oil Brighten and Condition Argan Oil Mud Mask: This mask has both clay for drawing out toxins and argan oil to brighten your skin.  I was hesitant because I have found that clay-based masks tend to dry out my skin.  However, I found this one to be a little more moisturizing than I was expecting.  Also, my skin really was glowing for a day or two after I used it.  Worth it! --J

Are you a fan of face masks?  What is your favorite drug store face mask find?  Let us know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment