Monday, July 3, 2017

Twins Take On: The Summer Bucket List

Summer is always one of our favorite times of year!  We look forward to spending time outside and enjoying the warm weather with friends and family.  Here are a few things that we each have on our must-do Bucket Lists for the summer:

Jess's Bucket List:
  • Hit the Farmer's Market with the Family:  One of our favorite things to do on a Saturday morning is walk to our local farmer's market together.  We grab muffins and coffee and shop for awesome local flowers and produce.  Lucky for me, our toddler loves eating fruit and veggies, so we usually let her pick something that we'll use for dinner that week.  
  • Run, baby, run! I have a love/hate relationship with running.  I hate doing it, but I love how strong it makes me feel and the calories it burns!  Since I don't have work to worry about, I'm hoping to build more time in for a daily run with the kiddo in the jogging stroller.
  • Make Homemade Ice Cream:  I guess this will counteract the healthy running, but I love using our ice cream maker in the summer.  I'm hoping to try out a recipe for homemade strawberry ice cream soon!
  • Read the Book on Mom's Must-Read List:  I always have a little more time for reading in the summer, so I'd like to make my way through the list of books recommended by our smart, adorable mom.

Ry's Bucket List:
  • Get into a new routine:  I just started a new job last month with more of a commute than I'm used to, so I want to try to get back into some healthier eating habits and back into my workouts.  
  • Re-watch some TV classics:  During the summer, we often complain that there's nothing on tv, so I use it as an excuse to catch up on some of my favorites.  Last summer, I worked my way through a marathon of The Wire and this summer, I'm going back to The Sopranos.  
  • Grill up some pizza:  I have wanted to do this for years, and after seeing the recent post on one of our favorites, Smitten Kitchen, I can't wait to get out the grill and try it.  Add my favorite Caesar salad (maybe keep the grill theme going and try this version?), grab a bottle of rose and you have yourself a perfect summer dinner!
What's on your Bucket List for Summer 2017?  Let us know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment