Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Pick-Six: 4/7/17

Here's what we're loving and living for this week!

1.  Even though this was technically Spring Break in our neck of the woods, someone forgot to tell the weather.  It was chilly, windy and rainy all week.  We definitely didn't love that, but it did give us a chance to make some cozy dinners.  A favorite dinner was this Broccoli Cheese soup (it IS better than Panera) with a fresh loaf of this Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread.  It was easy to make and we ate it so quickly, we didn't even have time to take a photo!

2. For years we have adored local brand Shinola, not only for their gorgeous timepieces, but for their commitment to Detroit and locally made products.  This week, I finally got my first Shinola watch, and I am in love!   I chose the Birdy 34mm with a double strap, but if you're looking to personalize your watch, they have a huge array of strap and face options so you can get exactly what you want.  In addition to watches, they also have an impressive array of leather goods, and our local store even has a coffee shop inside as well!   --R


3. If you're like us, you're not exactly a golf aficionado (our grandma has been trying to get us to golf since we were little girls to no avail), but this week is The Masters and it's always on our annual watch-list.  Even if you're not a sports fan, who can beat a beautifully groomed golf course, snappily dressed gentleman, and the opportunity for a sweet feel good story.  Nothing says Spring like the Masters!



4.  Given that my already fine (and colored) hair can be prone to damage, since I started curling my hair more (using my straightener-- keep an eye out for a tutorial post in the near future!) I have been looking for a heat protectant for a while.  I recently found the TRESemme Thermal Creations Protective Spray Heat Tamer.  Spray it on dry hair before flat ironing or curling and it helps control dryness, flyaways and frizz.  Bonus: it smells amazing!  The only issue is the packaging-- the bottle is hard to get open for the first time and I've noticed that it gets clogged kind of easily. -- R

5.  If you shop at Target as much as we do (and if you don't... you should), don't forget to download the Cartwheel App.  It gives you anywhere from 5-50% on all kinds of items and without even having to look like one of those extreme couponers!  Just add the coupons you want to use to your list and then ask them to scan the app bar code at checkout.  As the Target Lady would say APPROVED!

6.  I have fallen for watching The Crown on Netflix this week.  I know I'm late to the party here, but with a toddler, I don't always watch much of what I want (although I can easily quote Frozen if you're interested).  Anyway, this week, I started binge watching The Crown and I'm hooked.  I love the period costumes and anything royal so this is perfect.  I found myself fact-checking and ogling the tiaras and necklaces.  If you haven't watched yet, check it out!--J



No comments:

Post a Comment