Monday, May 22, 2017

Twins Take on the Wardrobe: The Perfect Swimsuit: Jess

Now that Memorial Day is just around the corner, we've got summer on our minds!  Is there anything more elusive than the perfect swimsuit?  Ladies, who among us hasn't had a moment in a fitting room when there are 20+ bathing suits hanging up but none of them make you feel great?  Although we don't claim to have cracked the code completely, we have spent a lot of time thinking about what works for our body types.  This is the key to finding a great swimsuit.  Think about what features you want to highlight, where you need any extra coverage or support.  You also want to think about how and where you're going to wear your suit.  There's a big difference between suits you can wear lounging on a pool deck with a Margarita and suits you want to run around in while making sand castles with a toddler.

We've got different body shapes AND different swimsuit needs, so we decided to round up some of our favorites.  Hopefully one or some of these will work for you!

These are the suits Jess loves!



1. Merona Shirred Twist Front One Piece: With my figure, I'm looking for a swimsuit that defines my waist and supports my bust.  This suit offers both.  The wrap detail makes your waist look teeny and offers a slimming effect.  The bust coverage offers enough support so that I don't feel like I'm falling out, but also looks a little sexy.  I bought this last year for hanging out with the kiddo at the pool in an awesome palm print.  This black is classic, but I am hoping Target offers some new colors this year!

2. Boden Santorini Swimsuit:  As soon as I saw this beauty online, I knew I had to get it.  The color blocking is so flattering and eye-catching.  Is anyone else as excited as I am that one-pieces are on trend these days?  What a great time to be alive!

3.  Merona Shirred Over the Shoulder One Piece:  Notice a pattern here?  Shirring is flattering on anyone who has a smaller waist than hips (me!) and also if you're looking for a little support in the mid-section (me, again).  I also like that this suit offers a shoulder strap, so I'm not fiddling with a halter tie.  And stripes!  Guys, I think I may have a problem.  I'm Jess and I'm addicted to stripes.

4. JCrew Long Sleeve Rash Guard: Speaking of stripes, I'm smitten with this rash guard from JCrew, one of my favorite sources for swimwear.  I was inspired to look for a rash guard last summer by our fantastic aunt (Hi, Maggie!) who rocked this adorable one on our beach vacation.  I loved the option of throwing a rash guard on to limit my sun exposure (Of course, paired with lots of my favorite sunscreen!) Also, this is great if you (like me) spend most of your pool/beach time running after a toddler, bending down to build a sandcastle, etc.  Over the shoulder straps are the key to keeping yourself covered and comfortable.  Plus, stripes!  Did I mention the stripes?!

5. Merona Shirred Twist Front Tankini: This was the first bathing suit I bought after my daughter was born and it's still a favorite.  I was looking for something to wear to our "Baby Swim Class" that was like what I might have worn pre-baby plus a little extra coverage and support.  I have this exact color combo, but it's available in many different colors.  I like to wear the solid bottoms with the patterned top, but you can mix it up!

6. Athleta Zimbabwe Blousy Tankini: Athleta offers a ton of options sized by your bra size, which is a much more reliable way to shop swim, especially online.  I liked this top because it reminded me of a work-out top.  This gives a little peek of skin on the side, but covers you fully and gives a little blousy effect at the mid-section.

7. Paisley Midkini Top by Beach Betty:  Okay, guys, I know this suit seems a bit out of the box considering the rest of my choices.  However, I found it on Target's website recently and found myself pretty excited.  Midkini?!  Did you guys know this was a thing?  I haven't worn an actual bikini this millennium, but I think if I were going out of my comfort zone, I think it would be for this suit.  It provides bust support, a longer line top and a higher waisted bottom.  I may have to order it and be a little brave this year!

What kind of suit are you on the hunt for this year?  Leave us a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment