Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Twins Take on the Wardrobe: The Perfect Swimsuit: Ryan

With Memorial Day coming soon, we thought we would kick off the summer with a swimsuit preview!  Jess did hers on Monday and here's Ryan!

Anyone that knows me knows that I am addicted to bathing suits.  I repeat.  I'm addicted to bathing suits.  Seriously, for someone who isn't a lifeguard or a bathing suit model, I have a ridiculous collection (we're talking double digits here people).  What can I say?  I like to have options!  As you can imagine, picking a few to feature in this post was challenging, but here are a few of my favorites!



1.  JCrew Scoopback one-piece:  I loved this suit back in the 90s when the babes from Baywatch rocked it, and I still do.  I bought a version of this last season and really dig the retro feel.  Note to fellow readers with a larger chest- don't attempt to run down the beach.  This one is really only suitable for lounging pool or beach side (which, let's be honest, is all I really want to do in a swimsuit anyway).

2. Athleta Twister Tankini:  It's often hard to find bathing suits that offer the proper amount of support.  I love this one because it allows you to pick a top based on your bra size.  I have a patterned one from last season but after checking out the variety of great summery colors currently offered, I might have to add to my collection...

3. I have been coveting Maryisa swimwear ever since it started appearing on the blogosphere a few years ago.  This Spring Scalloped Lasercut bikini is no exception.  Even though it's pricey, this one has a timeless style that you could wear for years.

4.  Speaking of lace, I am in love with this Color Play One-Piece by Becca.  It is sexy without being too revealing.  To me, this would be the perfect suit to wear for a weekend away with the gals (anyone have a bachelorette party I can attend?)  I must admit though, I'm wondering what kind of tan lines you'd end up wearing this baby... ah, who cares, I don't tan great anyway.

5.  For anyone who wants to look like a Bond babe this summer (hello?  who doesn't?) check out this Michael Kors Lace Up Bikini and swim skirt.  I have a couple of MK suits and I love the quality- mine have lasted years and still fit and look great.  Added bonus of the skirt is that you don't have to worry about a coverup or shorts.

6.  I've mentioned my love of the Shade and Shore line at Target before, but check some of these babies out.  For those of you who are brave enough to mix and match (I'm still not there yet), they have lots of different patterns and colors.  (Pro tip: Keep an eye out for sales-- Target often does buy one get one deals on swimwear!)

These are my favorites, what are you going to wear this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment