Monday, March 13, 2017

Customizable Egg Muffins

Hey gang, it's me, Jess.  If you're anything like me, your morning routine is bit frazzled.  I'm always looking for a way to streamline the morning, especially when it comes to breakfast.  I want something healthy and fast, so I'm not tempted to grab that chocolate croissant when I stop in for my daily latte.  This recipe fits the bill and is so easy to make and change up to your liking.

I started with the basic recipe found here on the adorable Julie's site.   The best part about this recipe is that it is literally designed to be adapted to include your favorite veggies, breakfast meats, and/or cheeses!  I like to use leftover veggies, so it serves the double purpose of helping you clean out the fridge, too.  This time, I used a mixture of red pepper, broccoli and scallions for my veggies.


After chopping the vegetables, I cracked the eggs, splashed in a little milk and added salt, pepper, dill, oregano, garlic salt and onion powder.


I whisked it all together and added some sharp white cheddar (my personal fave) and the vegetables to the mix.  Then, I poured the whole thing into my muffin tin, which I had sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  


Pop that baby into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and breakfast is done!  I just let them cool and then stored them in a airtight container in the fridge.  I like to microwave them for about 45-60 seconds to heat them through before serving (Aside a piece of whole wheat toast, no less).  


Again, the best part of this recipe is that you can mix things up so that you're not bored.  Do you like huevos rancheros?  Then add in some salsa, monterey jack and black beans!  Are your kids crazy for pizza (like mine...and maybe everyone else's)? Fold in some chopped pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato and basil for "Pizza Eggs".  The combinations are endless!  I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it...

So give it a try and let us know what you think!  Leave a comment to tell what combination was your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment