Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Pick-Six: 3/10/17

Here's what we're loving and living for this week!

1.  Listening to podcasts is one of our favorite ways to spend quiet time.  They're great for your morning commute or while you're working out or even cleaning your bathroom.  Although we have many favorites, we can't stop talking about Missing Richard Simmons.  In February 2014, famous fitness expert Richard Simmons disappeared from the public.  He withdrew from his friends, coworkers and his exercise studio, Slimmons.  Filmmaker and personal friend Dan Taberski created the podcast to look for answers about where Richard is and why he disappeared.  We were hooked on Serial a couple of summers ago and this has a similar feel.  Check it out!

2. Although it hasn't been warm enough here to rock this trend, one shoe style that's exciting for spring is the block heel mule.  Block heels have been happening for a while now, but a mule is a great update for spring.  You can show off your pedicure AND follow the trend at the same time...if it ever stops snowing where we live... Here are a few of our favorite options:

These red sandals would give a great pop of color to any basic outfit and what a price!  That Who What Wear line at Target is such a steal!

I swear, I had an identical pair of these back in the 90's.  Glad to see they still hold up.

TOMS is a favorite brand (so COMFY!)  and the perforated detailing makes these special.  They come in 6 colors!  

3.  Jess here!  Although we don't get as much time as we'd like to read, we always try to share great books when we find them.  Ry recently finished Commonwealth by Ann Patchett and recommended it to me.  I had a little trouble getting started, but during a recent power outage, I kept on reading this family drama until my Kindle battery died!

4.  For years we have wondered what beauty trick has kept generations of ladies in our family looking much younger than their years.  Last summer our Mom and Aunt Maggie finally revealed the family secret-- bronzer!  Mom and Aunt Maggie both use it instead of blush, but I like to add a little bit to my cheekbones, forehead and chin with a large powder brush (think the places where you tan... or if you're like us, sunburn) before I head out the door.  One I really like is the Hoola Matte Bronzer from Benefit.  Give it a try, we promise you'll look younger immediately.  Well, we hope so anyway.  -- Ry

5.  We have a more in depth Athlesiure clothing post in the works, but in the meantime, check out this adorable GapFit Breathe tie-back tank.
I'm wearing it as I type and trust me, it is just as cute while working on your laptop at your local Starbucks as it it would be in your favorite barre or other workout class.  -- Ry

6.  It is a little early to start checking out bathing suits in our neck of the woods, but if you are heading out on vacation or spring break, check out the adorable new line, Shade and Shore at Target.  Admittedly, I am a bathing suit addict (I have a drawer full of them, no kidding) and I just added one of these to my collection last week.  I love that the tops are based on your bra size (like some of my old favorites from the now defunct Victoria's Secret swim collection), fun colors/patterns and mix and match easily.

What are you loving this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment