Thursday, March 2, 2017

Winter Beauty Picks

Although this winter has been a little on the mild side in our neck-of-the-woods, we still like to change up our beauty routine in colder months.  Here are some of our favorite beauty products that have helped us get through the winter so far.  Let's all hope they'll get us through until spring finally arrives!

1. Essie Gel Couture: Believe it or not, winter-time dryness can wreak havoc on your manicure.  Nails can get brittle and chip easily, causing those unsightly chips that we hate. Essie's latest line, Gel Couture, provides long-wearing coverage without a gel light or special removal.  They report "up to 14 days of luxurious wear" and while ours didn't make it quite that long, we were mostly chip-free within a week.  We're loving pastels like Pre-Show Jitters and Perfect Posture to cheer up the winter blahs!--Jess

2. Burt's Bees Almond & Milk Hand Cream:  If you're anything like me, the one-two punch of washing your hands constantly (Hello, cold and flu season!) and winter weather takes a toll on your hands.  This cream not only has a lovely smell but also works wonders on dry skin, nails and cuticles. I'm also a sucker for the clean and beautiful packaging.  --Ry

3. Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash and Skin Lotion: I always experience some sort of skin dryness in the winter, however, this year it was extreme.  Every shower left me itchy and uncomfortable, so I knew I had to change up my routine (although I still heart you, Julep Beach Tonic!  See you in the spring!)  I turned to Aveeno's Skin Relief line and found almost an immediate improvement in my skin.  I've always liked Aveeno's natural ingredients and scent-free options (My daughter has used their Baby Wash since coming home from the hospital!) and I found that this combination of body wash and lotion left my skin feeling smooth and hydrated all day. --Jess

4. Smith's Rosebud Salve: Ry gifted me with my first tin of this multi-tasking wonder in an Oscar Party Gift Bag a few years back (Yes, Ryan throws an Oscar Party with gift bags and yes, it is amazing).  At first, I was skeptical because I tend to shy away from scented lip products.  However, the scent is so subtle and the results were so great, I was hooked almost immediately.  This provides all the hydration my lips need with the slight shine of a lip gloss.  It's also awesome on your cuticles or other dry spots.  There's a reason why I have one of these tins in every bag I own...and on my desk...in my car...in my nightstand...you catch my drift.--Jess

Props to my pal Bekah who introduced me to this amazing stuff a couple of years ago. If you want to mix it up, check out the Minted Rose Lip Balm (which is mildly tingly but not overwhelmingly so) or the Strawberry Lip Balm (which is like a classy version of the Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers I loved back in the day). --Ry

5. Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask: Here's a product that was introduced to me by the Blogosphere!  Beauty masks seem to be one of the hot trends lately, and so many bloggers recommended this one.  I've always been partial to Clinique (shout out to their amazing Repairwear Laser Focus line!) so I knew I had to order this.  You apply it in the evening after cleaning your face as usual.  It goes on smoothly and made my skin feel softer and more hydrated the next morning.  Use it now, thank me later!e--Jess

6. Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter:  I have a confession to make... my name is Ryan and I'm obsessed with body washes, lotions, body butter, etc. (Seriously, every time my mom stays with me, she says it's like being at a hotel with so many toiletry choices.)  I've never been huge on overly floral scents, but this one is a nice combination of floral with a little bit of honey.  I love the consistency of this body butter- it seems thick in the container, but goes on smoothly and soaks in quickly.-- Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment