Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Twins Take on the Trend: Athleisure

The Athleisure trend has been around for a while and it shows no signs of stopping.  Frankly, that's probably because getting away with wearing workout wear everyday is accessible and practical.  Here are a few of our favorite athleisure items and how to style them.



1. Athleta High-Rise Chaturanga Tights: Jess here...full disclosure, I should probably call these "Target Pants" or "Saturday Errands with the Kid Pants" instead of yoga pants because that's where I wear them most often.  I did actually originally purchase them for Pure Barre (and continue to love and rock them there), but have found them a bigger place in my wardrobe lately.  They're comfortable and feature a higher waistband to keep you sucked in in all the right places.   They come in many fun colors and textures to mix into your wardrobe.  I like to style them with a swing tank and long cardigan, blanket scarf optional.--Jess

2. New Balance 574 Retro Sneakers: Maybe it's just because they remind us of Ryan Gosling and Steve Carrell ("Crazy, Stupid Love", anyone?) but we adore New Balances.  They're sporty and stylish and look cute with the aforementioned Chaturanga Tights.  Just make sure you find a good no-show sock to pair with them.

3.  Gap Fit Breathe Side-Tie Tee: We don't always buy the same exact clothes, but when Ry snap-chatted a mirror selfie of her in this top, Jess ordered it immediately.  It's blousy enough to go over a workout tank, but super flattering with the adjustable tie-waist.  This top works at the gym, studio or out to brunch. Of course, we ordered it in grey, but this pretty blush pink would be on trend for spring.

4.  Gap Pure Body Mockneck Poncho:  Jess again.  I've never met a poncho I didn't love.  Seriously, my work bestie counts the days that I don't wear some sort of poncho-drapey cardigan-blanket scarf, etc.  This one is so soft and cozy!  This poncho works with leggings or you can dress it up with skinny jeans and boots.

5.  C9 Champion Focus 2 Performance Athletic Shoes:  The C9 Champion line at Target is an awesome collection of on-trend athletic wear at a super affordable price point.  I bought these shoes a few weeks ago and they are cute, supportive and breathable.  (Spoiler alert: there's almost no difference between those and my favorite Nike Flyknits,,,, just the price!)

6.  Athleta Crossback CYA Sweatshirt:  Ryan here-- I'll admit, most of my sweatshirts are oversized Michigan ones (not that there's anything wrong with that) but this one is adorable AND functional.  I love that the longer length gives a little bit more coverage with leggings.  Perfect for throwing over your barre clothes and heading out to brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment